Extended Stay Rates During Permanent Changes of Station
Members of the armed forces, service members, and their families often find themselves moving across the country due to permanent changes of station (PCS). A PCS can seem like it’s never going to end, as military families pack up belongings, sell their existing homes, move to a new city and secure new housing.
WoodSpring Suites has dozens of military extended stay hotels within a few miles of many of the largest army, navy, national guard, state guard bases and other military installations and compounds.
Our extended-stay hotels are perfect for temporary military housing since all of our suites offer:
- In-room kitchens complete with stoves, full-sized refrigerator and freezer, microwave oven, and lots of storage and prep space.
- 24/7 guest laundry rooms and vending machines.
- Free parking and free wi-fi
- Several room designs—allowing one-to-four guests including adults and children.
- All interior room doors with guest-only access to hallways and corridors.
- Weekly rates, and monthly rates lower per-night costs the longer you stay with us.
- No lease/long-term commitments, utilities to set-up, or costly deposits to manage.
- Most locations are pet-friendly hotels and some locations are smoke-free hotels.
Extended stay discounts
WoodSpring Suites’ extended stay hotels offer affordable rates whether you need a temporary home for a weekend, a month, or more. Unlike traditional hotels, which charge nightly rates no matter how long you stay, WoodSpring Suites offers an extended stay discount often used by service members and their families. The longer you stay, the more you save!
Service members and their families often require temporary homes for a month or more. Our extended-stay discount is designed for such circumstances, with monthly rates rates costing less, on average, the longer you stay. Choose from suite layouts with room for one to five guests.
Extended stay life
A military extended stay hotel is your home away from home during a PCS, especially if you have to wait until you arrive at your new location to secure housing. Make your extended stay a little more comfortable with these tips:
Cook simply: While your extended stay kitchen comes with a two-element stovetop, microwave, and refrigerator, it’s unlikely you’ll be whipping up gourmet three-course meals during your stay. Keep meals simple and fun (especially if you have kids).
- Ask the front desk for what you need: If you need extra blankets, another chair, an extra lamp, or more towels, don’t hesitate to ask the front desk for help. “Starter kits” of kitchen pots and pans are also available at the front office for a small fee.
- Stay organized: Our extended-stay suites are as roomy as possible, but you may still be living in a smaller space than you’re used to. Keeping clutter to a minimum, washing dishes promptly, and making regular use of guest laundry rooms may seem like a lot of work after a hard day of house hunting, but your stay will be more relaxed and pleasant if you do so,
- Go Exploring: You’ll probably be spending much of your time looking for accommodations in your first few weeks in your new location, but try to find the time to do some exploring. Get out there and see what your new home has to offer. Hike local nature trails, take the kids to a nearby theme park or zoo, seek out a cozy restaurant, or just take a drive through town to familiarize yourself with major landmarks.
Finally, WoodSpring Suites would like to thank the brave members of our armed forces for their service. Your dedication to duty and willingness to serve inspires and humbles us. We hope our extended stay discounts help make your relocation smoother and as pleasant as possible. Thank you for your service.